A village resort situated at an altitude of 1 450m, Saint Martin de Belleville combines the art of living in the mountains with the pleasure of intense skiing on the 3 Vallées ski area.
Saint Martin has built itself an image of a village-resort, without losing its initial identity and by also bringing the surrounding hamlets along in its wake.
Certainly it is dedicated to lovers of calm, but it also has all the access facilities, infrastructures and shops of a really modern resort ! One can stay in hotels with charm, cosy chalets or even with local inhabitants. One can dine in old stables with vaulted ceilings. One can meet the local farmers who sell their cheese in the village square. One can admire the richness of the Baroque style during a musical pause in the church.
From discrete constructions to respectful renovations, the piste equipment has followed the same qualitative development.
From Saint Martin, skiers have the agreable surprise to discover an 8-seater gondola which connects them into the 3 Vallées circuit in just a few minutes. A real horizon opener for even the most demanding skiers, and without forgetting the most important : coming back to the village when night falls.
- Quarters : Village (centre) – Grangeraies (at the bottom of the gondola) and the surrounding hamlets.
- French ski school : 20 permanent ski instructors, covering numerous specialisations: high mountain guide, children, snowboard, powder, moguls. More info : http://www.esf-st-martin-belleville.fr
- Children : information from The French Ski School . 1 Mini-Club (from 18 months to 5 years old ) the Piou-Piou Club in Les Grangeraies.
- Activities : Walks on foot or snowshoes, outings in a gondola or in a dogsleigh, cross country skiing.
- Les Menuires Sports Centre : 8 km from Saint Martin, this new 4500m² complex has a huge multi-activity hall as well as swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, well-being area, squash courts, weight training rooms, danse and gymnastics.
- Cultural activities : “Les Chemins du Baroque” guided visits of the village churches. Torchlight visits of Saint Martin (during the French February school holidays), “Flavours in the square” market.
- Shops : food, butcher’s, baker’s, chemist, souvenir, decoration, newsagents-tobacconists, hairdresser, regional products, garage, bank (Credit Agricole and the Post Office), cashpoint machine, laundrette, haberdashers, sports shops and about thirty craftsmen.
- Evening activities : Concerts with the « Rendez-vous Musicaux des Belleville », 1 piano bar “Le Pourquoi Pas”, Torchlight visits of Saint Martin (during the French February school holidays), 14 bars and restaurants. 4 mountain restaurants + 10 on the Les Menuires ski area. 2 nightclubs and 2 cinemas in Les Menuires.
Contract “Snow Guarantee” Saint-Martin-de-Belleville
News & conditions available on the official website of Saint-Martin-de-Belleville : http://en.st-martin-belleville.com/winter/snow-guarantee-623.htm
Restaurant and après-skis bar at Alp Hotel
Alp’Hotel restaurant invites you to discover a true Savoyard cuisine and some specialties of the belgian gastronomy. In the warm light of candles, whether you are with friends or family, friendly service and wine selection will be the apotheosis of a busy sports day. The restaurant has a south facing terrace which offers an exceptional panorama. Sunny almost all day, it will welcome you for lunch and then relax on the deck chairs drinking a refreshing or hot beverage hot…
The famous Alp’Hotel bar welcomes you in a contemporary atmosphere after a day of skiing or a meal with a glass of mulled wine in an atmosphere more “cocoon” to end the evening enjoying the WiFi.
More info : http://www.alphotel.fr/Restaurant